GIANT DEFY ADVANCED PRO 1 DI2 2021 - M Chameleon Neptune
Go longer, go faster, and smooth out rough roads with a frameset and integrated components that are engineered for compliance. From gran fondos to epic solo rides, this lightweight composite bike is everything you need for your most challenging days.
With the perfect blend of stiffness and compliance, Defy Advanced Pro delivers a smooth, fast ride quality even on rough roads. Its innovative technologies include a D-Fuse composite seatpost and Contact SLR D-Fuse handlebar. These integrated cockpit components work as a system to add compliance and reduce road shocks and vibrations. The Advanced-grade composite frame is also integrated for disc brakes, with flat-mount disc brake tabs and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, plus clearance for high-volume tyres up to 35mm. The oversized and tapered OverDrive 2 steerer tube boosts cornering precision, while the MegaDrive downtube and PowerCore bottom bracket deliver precise handling and class-leading pedalling efficiency.
KEY PERFORMANCE FACTORS
Advanced Composite frame is specifically engineered for endurance road riding, delivering a smoother ride quality and less fatigue on long rides. The D-Fuse seatpost and handlebar system works seamlessly with the frame to absorb road shocks and vibrations.
Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
Endurance road geometry, added tyre clearance (up to 35mm) and disc-brake integration allow you to tackle a variety of roads and conditions, from smooth pavement to rugged backroads and mountain passes.
* Sizes XS, S, M, M/L, L, XL
* Colours Chameleon Neptune
* Frame Advanced grade composite, 12mm thru-axle
* Fork Advanced grade composite, full composite OverDrive 2 steerer, 12mm thru-axle
* Shock N/A
* Handlebar Giant Contact SLR D-Fuse, 31.8mm
* Stem Giant Contact SL, 10 degree
* Seatpost Giant D-Fuse SLR, Composite
* Saddle Giant Fleet SL
* Pedals N/A
* Shifters Shimano Ultegra Di2, 22sp
* Front Derailleur Shimano Ultegra Di2
* Rear Derailleur Shimano Ultegra Di2
* Brakes Shimano Ultegra hydraulic disc, Fr: 160mm, Rr: 140mm
* Brake Levers Shimano Ultegra Di2 hydraulic
* Cassette Shimano Ultegra, 11-34T, 11sp
* Chain KMC X11SL-1
* Crankset Shimano Ultegra w/PowerPro, 34-50T
* Bottom Bracket Shimano press fit
* Rims Giant SLR 1 Disc Tubeless, Hookless Composite, 42mm
* Hubs Giant SLR 1 Disc Centerlock, 24H
* Spokes Giant Aero DBL
* Tires Giant Gavia Fondo 1 tubeless, 700x32c
* Extras Integrated computer mount
* Weight The most accurate way to determine any bike’s weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. All our bikes are designed for best-in-class weight and ride quality.